Apple has finally released iOS 11 beta to developers after an exciting feature demonstration as WWDC 2017. However, in the short time available on stage, there is no way they could demonstrate all of the changes that have been made in the new version. There are many new features and changes in iOS 11. Some are quite easy to find, and some are a bit more hidden.
Below is a full list of hidden and secret features that have been found in iOS 11 so far. This list is being continually updated, so make sure to keep checking back to find more features. If there is anything you have found missing from the list, make sure to leave a comment below telling us what it is!
Features Found So Far:
- QR codes can now be scanned in the camera app.
- There is a new animation when opening and closing applications.
- You can now record your device’s screen from within control centre.
- There is now a ‘Smart Invert’ option in the accessibility settings menu, which is essentially a full dark mode.
- You can now use 3D touch on compatible devices to quickly switch between tabs in Safari.
- There is a new NFC reader mode, which will hopefully allow third-party developers to use NFC in their apps.
- Quickly clicking the power/lock button 5 times while on the lock screen will present a new ‘Emergency SOS’ slider. This will quickly call the emergency services.
- You can now access a one-handed keyboard by holding down the emoji key and selecting which side of the screen you want it to appear on.
- There is a new icon for Siri when it is not listening to your voice.
- There is a new animation when opening and closing the multitasking menu.
- You can now see a more detailed view of which apps and files are using the most storage on your device within the settings app.
- There is a new ‘Shut Down’ button at the bottom of the general tab in the settings app. This have the same effect as holding the power button for a few seconds to present the ‘Slide to Power Off’ slider.
- There is a new ‘Passwords & Accounts’ menu in the settings app, which makes it easy to view and add online accounts to your device for use within Safari.
- There is a new ‘Magnifier’ option inside of control center, which uses your device’s camera as a magnifying glass.
- The calculator app now has a new icon and user interface.
- You can now move apps without going into wiggle mode (iPad only).
- The signal bars in the status bar have been reverted back to the actual bars that were present in iOS 6 and below, rather than the dots which were in iOS 7 to iOS 10.
- There is now a new ‘Offloading Apps’ feature in the storage section of the settings app. This allows you to remove apps from your device without deleting the data that goes with them. This means when you reinstall them, they will be exactly the same.
- You can move multiple icons at once while in wiggle mode. While you have an icon selected, tap on other icons to group them together. Then, simply drop them on the page you want.
- The lock screen can now be viewed in landscape mode.
- You can now view GIF images within the Photos application,