Last week Apple released the final version of iOS 11 to developers. Now just a week later, they have released iOS 11.1 beta 1 to developers. This new version most likely fixes a lot of bugs that might have been present in the first version of iOS 11. Anyone can download and install it right now by either downloading the IPSW file, or the OTA profile below.
Requirements and Notes:
- iTunes 12 or higher must be installed.
- This is a beta version, therefore it will likely have some bugs. Make sure to backup before updating.
- Download the latest iOS 11.1 beta IPSW from the links above.
- Plug your device into your computer and open iTunes
- Backup your data before attempting to update.
- Select your device in the lefthand menu of iTunes.
- Hold down Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac). While doing this, click the ‘Update’ button. You will then be prompted to select the IPSW file you wish to update to. Select the iOS 11.1 beta version you downloaded before.
- Your device will now begin to update to iOS 11.1.
- Navigate to the iOS 11.1 beta download page linked above on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad using Safari.
- Scroll down to ‘Over the Air Profile’ and select the iOS link. On the next page, click ‘Download’
- You will be prompted to install the ‘iOS Beta Software Profile’. Tap ‘Install’ three times to install the profile on your device, then reboot your device to make sure the profile takes effect.
- Once your device has rebooted, open the Settings app and navigate to General>Software Update. In here you should see iOS 11.1 Beta.
- Tap on ‘Download & Install’. iOS 11.1 beta will now begin to download and install on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.