There are lots of different emulators available on iOS, all for different systems. There are emulators for Nintendo DS, PlayStation 1, Game Boy, and many more. But what if you could get all of these emulators inside of a single application? That is exactly what Happy Chick aims to achieve, while also making it very easy to download games to your library. Please note, however, that at the time of writing this article PSP, PlayStation and N64 emulators are not supported on iOS 11 and iOS 12. Support for these will hopefully be available soon.
For a long time this app was only available to people with jailbroken devices, however, in recent years it has become possible to install this app without the need for a jailbreak. These methods can be a little temperamental so new websites are always showing up with the ability to install them.
Requirements & Notes:
- This does not require a jailbroken device.
- This does not require a computer.
- This app is signed and can be revoked at any time by Apple. If this happens the app will start to crash. To fix this re-download the app and try again. If this does not fix the issue then try again in a few days.
- At the time of writing this article PSP, PlayStation and N64 emulators are not supported on iOS 11 and iOS 12. Support for these will hopefully be available soon.
- Navigate to this page on your iOS device (must be with Safari). Once there, you should see some green download buttons.
- Tap one of the green ‘Install HappyChick‘ buttons. A pop-up should appear asking if you want to install the app. Tap on ‘Install‘. It should now begin installing like a normal app store app.
- Once the app has been installed it might not open due to an untrusted enterprise developer error (if it does open, skip this step). To solve this open the Settings app and navigate to General>Device Management
- Tap one of the menus within this page until you find the one containing the Happy Chick app you downloaded. Tap ‘Trust’ twice and the app will become trusted.
- You should now be able to open and use the Happy Chick app on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.