Movie Box and Playbox HD are two of the most well known free movie and TV show streaming apps available for iOS. They make is very easy for anyone to watch their favourite shows and movies on their iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
For a long time these apps were only available to people with jailbroken devices, however in the year is has become possible to install these apps without the need of a jailbreak. These methods can be a little temperamental so new websites are also showing up with the ability to install them.
Installing these apps is pretty simple:
- Navigate to http://store.goldencydia.org/ on your iOS device (must be with Safari).
- Scroll down until you see the Moviebox and Playbox HD icons.
- Click on the green button below the app you want to install. If and advertisements pop-up, just close them and press the button again.
- You will be taken to the dedicated page for that app. Click the green button again and you should get a pop-up asking if you want to install the app. Tap on ‘Install’. It should now begin installing like a normal app store app.
- Once the app has been installed it may not open due to an untrusted developer. To solve this navigate to Settings>General>Profiles and Device Management
- Tap one of the menus within this page until you find the one containing Moviebox and/or Playbox HD. Tap ‘Trust’ in the top right and then again when the pop-up appears.
- You should now be able to open and use Moviebox and Playbox HD on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad!
It is possible that these apps may stop working at some point. This means that Apple has revoked the certificate used to install them. To fix this you can usually just reinstall the apps. However if this does not work, check back here at a later date for an updated guide.