It has finally arrived. The official Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3 is available to the public at last. After the long wait since the previous jailbreak for iOS 9.0 to 9.1, lots of people will be relieved to finally be able to jailbreak their updated iOS devices. This is however a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning whenever you reboot your device you will need to follow steps 8 and 9 of the below guide to restore all jailbreak features. This is very easy though so isn’t a big problem.
The PC jailbreak tool was released yesterday and a method for jailbreaking without even using a computer is already available. This new jailbreak only works with 64-bit devices, meaning it will not work with the iPhone 5 or 5c unfortunately. However all newer iPhones, iPod touches and iPads will work with this new tool.
Requirements & Notes:
- This is compatible with iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3*
- This is a semi-tethered jailbreak (read steps 5 and 6)
- This will only work with 64-bit iOS devices (not the iPhone 5/5c)
- This works with the following devices:
– iPod touch 6
– iPhone 5S/6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus
– iPad Air/Air 2/Mini 2/Mini 3/Mini 4/Pro
- You make sure to backup all your data to iTunes or iCloud before attempting this jailbreak
- You must turn off Find my iPhone, and your passcode/Touch ID lock before trying to jailbreak
- If you updated your device using the Over the Air update feature, make sure to first restore your device in iTunes or the jailbreak may not work
- It is recommended to restore your device to factory settings before jailbreaking it (this must be down with iTunes)
*If you are running iOS 10 beta you can follow this guide to downgrade to iOS 9.3.3 and jailbreak
- PP Jailbreak App (Alternative 1, Alternative 2, Alternative 3, Alternative 4, Alternative 5, Alternative 6, Alternative 7, Alternative 8)*
*Not all links may work. These will be updated regularly with new links. If they do not work, check back later.
- Open Safari on your iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 device and navigate to one of the download pages above. Once there tap the ‘Install’ button on the page. A window should pop-up asking if you want to install the app. Tap ‘Install’ again and the PPJailbreak app should begin installing on your device.
- If you just let the app install on its own it will fail to install. Keep an eye on the app icon for when the text changes from ‘Loading’ to ‘Installing’. When the text says ‘Installing’ you need to quickly put your device into Airplane mode using control center. This is vital or the app will fail to install. If you do not time it right and you get an error, delete the app and try again.
- Once the PP app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General>Profiles & Device Management and find the PP app profile. Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the PP app. Untick the checkbox below the circle to ensure the chinese PP store is not installed on your device, then tap the circle. Once you do this you need to lock your device, wait for a notification to appear on your lock screen and then unlock it. The PP app should now be installing Cydia. Do NOT do anything else with the device while this is happening.
- Once Cydia is installed your device will respring. Cydia should now be on your home screen and working!
- As this is a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, after you reboot your device all jailbreak features will be disabled. To fix this all you need to do is open the PP app, tap the circle, lock your device and wait 6 second for your device to respring (do not press anything on the device in those 6 seconds)
- Once your device resprings, your jailbreak functionality will be restored!
ALSO SEE: How to Install iOS 10 Beta 3 on iPhone, iPod touch or iPad for Free (Without UDID Activation)
[…] Download Links & Written Guide: http://www.ipodhacks142.com/how-to-jailbreak-ios-9-3-3-9-3-2-9-3-1-9-3-9-2-1-9-2-without-a-computer-… […]
Is this still working?
Does this still work in 2017 as of today’s date?