It has finally arrived. The official Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3 is available to the public at last. After the long wait since the previous jailbreak for iOS 9.0 to 9.1, lots of people will be relieved to finally be able to jailbreak their updated iOS devices. This is however a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning whenever you reboot your device you will need to follow steps 8 and 9 of the below guide to restore all jailbreak features. This is very easy though so isn’t a big problem.
The new jailbreak tool can be downloaded from Pangu’s official website and is compatible with iOS 9.2, 9.2.1, 9.3, 9.3.1, 9.3.2 and 9.3.3. This new jailbreak only works with 64-bit devices, meaning it will not work with the iPhone 5 or 5c unfortunately. However all newer iPhones, iPod touches and iPads will work with this new tool.
Requirements & Notes:
- This is compatible with iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3*
- This is a semi-tethered jailbreak (read steps 8 and 9)
- This will only work with 64-bit iOS devices (not the iPhone 5/5c)
- This works with the following devices:
– iPod touch 6
– iPhone 5S/6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus
– iPad Air/Air 2/Mini 2/Mini 3/Mini 4/Pro
- This works on Windows
- You make sure to backup all your data to iTunes or iCloud before attempting this jailbreak
- You must turn off Find my iPhone, and your passcode/Touch ID lock before trying to jailbreak
- If you updated your device using the Over the Air update feature, make sure to first restore your device in iTunes or the jailbreak may not work
- It is recommended to restore your device to factory settings before jailbreaking it (this must be down with iTunes)
*If you are running iOS 10 beta you can follow this guide to downgrade to iOS 9.3.3 and jailbreak
- Download the PP tool from here. Extract it and install it. The program shouldn’t take long to install and when it’s done the PP Tool window should open.
- Make sure your iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 device is plugged into your computer. Turn off any passcode/Touch ID lock and disable Find my iPhone before attempting to jailbreak.
- Once this is done, your device should be detected by the Pangu tool. A window should appear with a green button (if it doesn’t, click the iOS 9.2-9.3.3 link in the bottom left). Click the green button and the PP app will begin downloading.
- You will be asked to verify with a CAPTCHA. Enter the displayed characters and click the blue button to continue. The PP app should now install on your device. This will not work if Find my iPhone is enabled. This step can take quite a while so be patient.
- Once the PP app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General>Profiles & Device Management (if it doesn’t open automatically) and find the PP app profile. Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the PP app. Untick the checkbox below the circle to ensure the chinese PP store is not installed on your device, then tap the circle. Once you do this you need to lock your device, wait for a notification to appear on your lock screen and then unlock it. The PP app should now be installing Cydia. Do NOT do anything else with the device while this is happening.
- Once Cydia is installed your device will respring. Cydia should now be on your home screen and working!
- As this is a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, after you reboot your device all jailbreak features will be disabled. To fix this all you need to do is open the PP app, tap the circle, lock your device and wait 6 second for your device to respring (do not press anything on the device in those 6 seconds)
- Once your device resprings, your jailbreak functionality will be restored!