A little while ago the jailbreak for iOS 10.3 to 10.3.3 on 64-bit devices was released to the public. This is, however, a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning whenever you reboot your device you will need to follow steps 9 and 10 of the below guide to restore all jailbreak features. This is very easy though so isn’t a big problem. This new jailbreak is compatible with all 64-bit devices except the iPhone 7 (see list below). You should defiantly make sure to backup your device to iCloud or iTunes before attempting this.
The jailbreak tool, called g0blin, can be downloaded from sticktron’s official website and is compatible with iOS 10.3 to 10.3.3 on supported devices. This new jailbreak only works with 64-bit devices, meaning it will not work with anything older than the iPhone 5s or iPad Air. This tool supports all 64-bit devices that are capable of running iOS 10.3 – 10.3.3, except the iPhone 7 (see list below). For a 32-bit jailbreak, head over to our h3lix jailbreak guide!
Requirements & Notes:
- This is compatible with iOS 10.3 – 10.3.3 on supported devices.
- This is a semi-tethered jailbreak (read steps 9 and 10)
- This will only work with 64-bit iOS devices (iPhone 5s and newer)
- This works with the following devices:
– iPhone 6s/6s Plus
– iPhone 6/6 Plus
– iPhone 5s
– iPhone SE
– iPad Air 1
– iPad Air 2
– iPad Mini 2/3/4
– iPad Pro
- This does NOT work with the following devices:
– iPhone 7/7 Plus
– iPhone 5
– iPhone 5c
– iPad 4
- This works on macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Make sure to backup all your data to iTunes or iCloud before attempting this jailbreak
- If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the g0blin app will start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the g0blin app using the instructions below.
- Download the g0blin jailbreak app from the link above and save it somewhere. Then download the latest version of Cydia Impactor (a program made by saurik) for your operating system from the links above. Version 0.9.35 minimum is required. Extract it and open the ‘Impactor’ file.
- Once it opens, make sure your iOS device is plugged into your computer, and that your passcode, Touch ID lock and Find my iPhone is turned off during the jailbreak process. Select your device in the drop-down menu.
- Find the g0blin app IPA file you downloaded earlier and drag it into the Cydia Impactor tool. If a warning appears, click ‘OK’.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID. This is used only to create a certificate for the g0blin app to be installed and will not be visible to anything other than Apple’s servers.
- Once you have entered your Apple ID and password, click ‘OK’. The g0blin app should now be installed on your device.
- Once the g0blin app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General>Profiles & Device Management and find the g0blin app profile (should be your Apple ID). Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the g0blin app. You should see a purple ‘jailbreak’ button. Tap on this button and the jailbreak should begin. The g0blin app should now be installing Cydia. Do NOT do anything else with the device while this is happening. If this does not work the first time, just try again until it does.
- Once Cydia is installed your device will respring. Cydia should now be on your home screen! Open the Cydia app and it should open without any problems. If it doesn’t open, follow steps 9 and 10.
- As this is a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, after you reboot your device all jailbreak features will be disabled. To fix this all you need to do is open the g0blin app, tap the ‘jailbreak’ button, and wait a few seconds for your device to respring (do not press anything on the device in this time).
- Once your device resprings, your jailbreak functionality will be restored!
- If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the g0blin app may start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the g0blin app using the instructions you just followed.