It has finally arrived. The jailbreak for iOS 10.0 to 10.2 is available to the public at last. After the wait since the previous jailbreak for iOS 9.1 to 9.3.3, lots of people will be relieved to finally be able to jailbreak their updated iOS devices. This is however a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning whenever you reboot your device you will need to follow steps 9 and 10 of the below guide to restore all jailbreak features. This is very easy though so isn’t a big problem.
This new jailbreak is also currently in alpha. Luca Todesco (jailbreak creator) has stated that this jailbreak is now as stable as it is going to get. You can therefore proceed with this jailbreak if you are on a compatible iOS version.
The jailbreak tool, called yalu102, can be downloaded from qwertyoruiop’s official website and is compatible with iOS 10.0 to 10.2 on supported devices. This new jailbreak only works with 64-bit devices, meaning it will never work with the iPhone 5 or 5c unfortunately. At the moment this tool supports all 64-bit devices except the iPhone 7. This method doesn’t require a computer to do, but if you’d rather use the computer method, you can find it here.
Requirements & Notes:
- Since this method doesn’t download the IPA from the official website, you should proceed with caution. It is possible (but unlikely) that this version of the app has been tempered with. You have been warned.
- Luca Todesco (jailbreak creator) has stated that this jailbreak is now as stable as it is going to get. You can therefore proceed with this jailbreak if you are on a compatible iOS version.
- This is compatible with iOS 10.0 – 10.2 on supported devices.
- This is a semi-tethered jailbreak (read steps 9 and 10)
- This will only work with 64-bit iOS devices (not the iPhone 5/5c)
- This currently works with the following devices:
– iPhone 6s/6s Plus
– iPhone 6/6 Plus
– iPhone 5s
– iPhone SE
– iPad Air 1
– iPad Air 2
– iPad Mini 2/3/4
– iPad Pro
- This currently does NOT work with the following devices:
– iPhone 7
- This does not require a computer.
- You make sure to backup all your data to iTunes or iCloud before attempting this jailbreak.
- Since this requires an enterprise certificate to install, it is possible that Apple could revoke the certificate causing the app to not open. If this happens, you just need to reinstall the Yalu102 app using one of the download links below, or by using Cydia Impactor.
*This link could stop working at any point if Apple revokes the certificate. It will be updated regularly with new links. If they do not work, check back later.
- Open Safari on your iOS 10.0 – 10.2 device and navigate to the download page above. You might be asked to enter a passcode. If you are, type ‘1129’ into the text box and tap the green button below it. Once the install page loads, tap the green download button on the page. If you get redirected to a page that says ‘Sorry, download is too fast’, just go back, refresh the page, and try again. It should work eventually. When it does work, a window should pop-up asking if you want to install the app. Tap ‘Install’ again and the Yalu102 app should begin installing on your device.
- Once the Yalu102 app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General>Profiles & Device Management and find the Yalu102 app profile. Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the yalu102 app. You should see a blue ‘go’ button. Tap on this button and the jailbreak should begin. The yalu102 app should now be installing Cydia. Do NOT do anything else with the device while this is happening.
- Once Cydia is installed your device will respring. Cydia should now be on your home screen! Open the Cydia app and it should open without any problems. If it doesn’t open, follow steps 9 and 10.
- As this is a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, after you reboot your device all jailbreak features will be disabled. To fix this all you need to do is open the yalu102 app, tap the ‘go’ button, and wait a few seconds for your device to respring (do not press anything on the device in this time).
- Once your device resprings, your jailbreak functionality will be restored!
- It is possible that, if Apple revokes the certificate for this app, that the Yalu app with begin to crash when you try to open it. If this does happen, come back here and try to reinstall it using the link(s) above. If none of those work, you can install it using the standard computer method here.