It has finally arrived. The jailbreak for iOS 10.0 to 10.2 is available to the public at last. After the wait since the previous jailbreak for iOS 9.1 to 9.3.3, lots of people will be relieved to finally be able to jailbreak their updated iOS devices. This is however a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning whenever you reboot your device you will need to follow steps 9 and 10 of the below guide to restore all jailbreak features. This is very easy though so isn’t a big problem.
This new jailbreak is also currently in alpha. Luca Todesco (jailbreak creator) has stated that this jailbreak is now as stable as it is going to get. You can therefore proceed with this jailbreak if you are on a compatible iOS version.
The jailbreak tool, called yalu102, can be downloaded from qwertyoruiop’s official website and is compatible with iOS 10.0 to 10.2 on supported devices. This new jailbreak only works with 64-bit devices, meaning it will never work with the iPhone 5 or 5c unfortunately. At the moment this tool supports all 64-bit devices except the iPhone 7. This method doesn’t require a computer to do, but if you’d rather use the computer method, you can find it here.
Requirements & Notes:
- Since this method doesn’t download the IPA from the official website, you should proceed with caution. It is possible (but unlikely) that this version of the app has been tempered with. You have been warned.
- Luca Todesco (jailbreak creator) has stated that this jailbreak is now as stable as it is going to get. You can therefore proceed with this jailbreak if you are on a compatible iOS version.
- This is compatible with iOS 10.0 – 10.2 on supported devices.
- This is a semi-tethered jailbreak (read steps 9 and 10)
- This will only work with 64-bit iOS devices (not the iPhone 5/5c)
- This currently works with the following devices:
– iPhone 6s/6s Plus
– iPhone 6/6 Plus
– iPhone 5s
– iPhone SE
– iPad Air 1
– iPad Air 2
– iPad Mini 2/3/4
– iPad Pro
- This currently does NOT work with the following devices:
– iPhone 7
- This does not require a computer.
- You make sure to backup all your data to iTunes or iCloud before attempting this jailbreak.
- Since this requires an enterprise certificate to install, it is possible that Apple could revoke the certificate causing the app to not open. If this happens, you just need to reinstall the Yalu102 app using one of the download links below, or by using Cydia Impactor.
*This link could stop working at any point if Apple revokes the certificate. It will be updated regularly with new links. If they do not work, check back later.
- Open Safari on your iOS 10.0 – 10.2 device and navigate to the download page above. You might be asked to enter a passcode. If you are, type ‘1129’ into the text box and tap the green button below it. Once the install page loads, tap the green download button on the page. If you get redirected to a page that says ‘Sorry, download is too fast’, just go back, refresh the page, and try again. It should work eventually. When it does work, a window should pop-up asking if you want to install the app. Tap ‘Install’ again and the Yalu102 app should begin installing on your device.
- Once the Yalu102 app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General>Profiles & Device Management and find the Yalu102 app profile. Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the yalu102 app. You should see a blue ‘go’ button. Tap on this button and the jailbreak should begin. The yalu102 app should now be installing Cydia. Do NOT do anything else with the device while this is happening.
- Once Cydia is installed your device will respring. Cydia should now be on your home screen! Open the Cydia app and it should open without any problems. If it doesn’t open, follow steps 9 and 10.
- As this is a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, after you reboot your device all jailbreak features will be disabled. To fix this all you need to do is open the yalu102 app, tap the ‘go’ button, and wait a few seconds for your device to respring (do not press anything on the device in this time).
- Once your device resprings, your jailbreak functionality will be restored!
- It is possible that, if Apple revokes the certificate for this app, that the Yalu app with begin to crash when you try to open it. If this does happen, come back here and try to reinstall it using the link(s) above. If none of those work, you can install it using the standard computer method here.
ALSO SEE: How to Restore to iOS 10.2 Unsigned Using Prometheus on iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
Couldn’t jailbreak my iOS 10.2.1 from above-provided links. But I did easily jailbreak from silzee online jailbreak site. So coool !
Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo
News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
Please update I can’t live without my jail broken 5s an it keeps crashing because Yalu isn’t opening
Unable to download yalu102 @olo2016 at my iphone 5s from any link you provided sir…please update me abou this.
Keep getting unable to download on all of them
Fix it pls I’m stuck without cydia
Hope you guys can find one fast because i’m not patient enough and it’s been more than 1 week already.
Sort it out jailbreakers need jailbreak for 10.3 been too long even willing to pay for it
Can y’all fix this it’s July 21 and not working.
Pleas new update
Fix it please it’s July 21
Can y’all fix this it’s July 20 and not working
Pls update the links,all of it isn’t working
Pls update the links,they are not working
OH ITS BACK WOOO
Pls change links )) doesn’t working(
how do they make the online jb 10.2 ?
is there any instructions?
Help! Apple revoked it. Update please
I’m stuck without a jailbreak ???
Can you update the links
Unluckily nothing works today
The links are all dead can’t be installed,please update now I’m stuck without my jb?
I’m happy now lol I was given this PSN redeem code and it got accepted! I got it from http://freepsnforever.com
Yalu downloaded OK but after pressing go and device restart Cydia app is not installed?
When I try to download it keeps saying “unable to download app please try again later” is there any way to fix this?
Their certificate has been revoked . Wait for em to update
These links still being updated?
Used the first link, when I click ‘go’ it says ‘failed, retry.
Alternative 1 and alternative 2 are dead
Where is step 8 & 9
Crashes my iPhone 6
Completle broke my phone it won’t even boot help
It worked for me the first try I tried the first download link
Guys try alternative 1
Wow alternative 1 works for me
the password “1129” doesn’t work for me it says that wrong
why it say failed，retry. how to solve this， please help me.
Not working iPad mini 2