Snapchat is one of the most popular social media applications available at the moment. With the ability to add pictures and videos to stories, apply filters, and use animated Snapchat lenses, it is certainly a fun way to communicate and share with friends. Snapchat lenses are the cool live filters you can apply to your face or your surroundings within the app. There is only a limited number of these lenses, however, and they change every day. However, it has recently become possible to download completely custom lenses made by other Snapchat users. Here is how you can use these custom filters for yourself.
Requirements & Notes
- This can be done on all versions of Snapchat (iOS and Android devices)
- This does not require a jailbreak, root, or hacked version of the Snapchat app.
- Custom lenses only last for 24 hours before they disappear and will need to be re-added in order to use again.
- Make sure you have Snapchat installed on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device.
- Navigate to one of the websites linked above in Safari or Google Chrome. If you have another device you can open the link on (e.g. another phone, computer etc) it may be easier to open it from there.
- Find a custom lens you want to add to Snapchat. If you are looking at it on the device you want to add it on, either save the image to your camera roll or take a screenshot of it. If you are looking at the code on another device, you do not need to have the image.
- Open the Snapchat app on the device you want to add the custom lens too. If the code you want to add is saved to your camera roll, tap your profile in the top left, followed by the ‘Add Friends’ button. Tap on the ‘Snapcode’ tab at the top, and select the image containing the custom lens. If you have the Snapcode open on another device, simply take a picture of it using Snapchat on the device you want to add it to.
- Once the code has been scanned, you should get a pop-up asking if you want to unlock the code for 24 hours. Tap the ‘Unlock’ button, and the lens will be added.
- You can now use the custom lens!