Cydia is the app used to download tweaks, apps, and other modifications for your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad after jailbreaking it. There are lots of different tweaks for just about everything you could think of. Most of these tweaks can be downloaded for free, however some require you to pay a small fee in order to download them. But what if for some reason you can’t pay for them? Maybe you don’t have a PayPal account, bank account or just can’t afford it. That’s where CyDown comes in.
CyDown is a simple tweak which allows you to easily download just about any paid tweak, app or theme for free from the official package page. With this tweak, you will no longer have to add another source and install a paid package from somewhere else. You can easily download them from the original package page. It should be noted however that is guide is for educational purposed only and I do not recommend downloading tweaks this way. Always pay for tweaks to support their developers.
Requirements & Notes:
- iOS 9.0 or higher is required.
- This works on iPhone, iPod touch & iPad.
- You will need to add a source to Cydia.
- I do not recommend downloading Cydia packages using this method. Always pay for tweaks to support their developers.
- Make sure your device is jailbroken on iOS 9.0 or above (find out how to jailbreak iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 here).
- Open Cydia on your device and tap on the ‘Sources’ tab at the bottom of the app. Tap on ‘Edit’ then ‘Add’ at the top of the app.
- A window should appear asking you to type in a source. In this box type http://repo.biteyourapple.net/ and then tap ‘Add Source’. You will probably get a warning message. Just click ‘Add Anyway’ when this appears.
- Once the source has been added, tap on the ‘Search’ tab at the bottom of Cydia and search for ‘CyDown’. There should only be one option. Once found, open and install it. Once the install finishes, make sure to respring your device.
- Now when you open a paid package in Cydia, you should be able to install it straight away without having to find it somewhere else. It will show up as purchased, and will be available to install for free!