We all love the huge range of apps available on the Apple’s App Store, but some of the apps cost money. While this is a good thing as it supports the developers and enables them to continue making awesome apps, some people just can’t afford them. That is where HiPStore comes in.
HiPStore is a completely free store which you can download many paid app store apps from without even needing a jailbreak. It is very easy to use and doesn’t require a computer to install apps. All you need is an iOS 6 or above device with an internet connection.
Requirements & Notes:
- Downloading paid apps for free is illegal. This tutorial is for educational purposes only. You should always pay for apps.
- A computer is not required for this to work.
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 6 or above is required.
- Not all paid apps are available on HiPStore, however most are.
- Navigate to http://ios.hipstore.mobi/ in Safari on your iOS device. You should get a message asking you to install the HiPStore app. If you don’t click the ‘iOS 7/8/9’ button at the bottom of the page. Tap on this and you should get a pop-up asking if you want to install HiPStore on your device. Tap install and it should begin to download to your home screen.
- Once the app is downloaded you will not be able to open it straight away. To open it, open the Settings app and navigate to ‘General>Profiles & Device Management’, find the menu with HiPStore in it and tap ‘Trust’ twice. You should now be able to open the app.
- In here you will be able to find most of the apps you could possible want to download. Once you find one you want, tap on it and tap the ‘Download’ button. The app will now start to download in the background (tap the button in the top left of the main menu and tap ‘My apps’ to see download progress).
- Once the app has finished downloading you should get a pop-up asking you if you want to install it. Tap on install and it should start to download like a normal App Store app.
- When it has been installed, you will not be able to open it straight away. To open it, open the Settings app and navigate to ‘General>Profiles & Device Management’, find the menu with the app name in it and tap ‘Trust’ twice. You should now be able to open the app.