It’s Monday, and Apple’s WWDC 2019 keynote just wrapped up. With this, iOS 13 beta has been released to developers, which contains tonnes of new features. Anyone can download and install it right now by downloading the IPSW file and installing it with iTunes. For those who have already updated and have decided they’d rather stick with iOS 12 for now, you can downgrade your device back to the latest version of iOS 12 easily.
Requirements and Notes
- iTunes 12 or higher must be installed
- You WILL need to restore your device in order to do this, meaning any data will be erased.
- You will not be able to restore from any backup created while running iOS 13, so make sure you have one you took while on iOS 12. If you don’t have one, make sure to save all your data separately.
- This will only be possible while iOS 12 is being signed by Apple. It will not work once they stop signing it (after iOS 13 is released publically)
- Download the latest iOS 12 IPSW file from here.
- Plug your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your iOS device in the top left-hand menu.
- Hold shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) on your keyboard. While you are doing this, click the ‘Restore ‘ button. This will prompt you to select the IPSW file you wish to install on your device. Select the iOS 12 IPSW file you downloaded before. Please be aware that doing this will ERASE all data on your device.
- Your device will now begin to downgrade to iOS 12.