Apple has just released iOS 10.2.1 to the public after 3 beta versions. If you have not yet updated to iOS 10.2.1, and are waiting for an iOS 10 jailbreak, you should stay on whichever firmware version you are currently on. iOS 10.2.1 could have patched exploits that jailbreak developers intend to release to the public, in which case you will need to be on a software version lower than iOS 10.2.1 to jailbreak.
For those of you who have already updated and want to get back to iOS 10.2, you only have a limited amount of time to do so while Apple is still signing iOS 10.2. Once Apple stops signing this firmware version, which usually happens within the next few days after a new version is released, you will no longer be able to downgrade. So make sure to do it quick if you need to.
Requirements and Notes:
- iTunes 12 or higher must be installed
- You will need to download the iOS 10.2 IPSW file you wish to downgrade to from our Downloads page
- This will only be possible while iOS 10.2 is being signed by Apple. It will not work once they stop signing it
- You will not need to restore your device in order to do this
- Download the iOS 10.2 IPSW file from our Downloads page.
- Plug your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your iOS device in the top left hand menu.
- Hold shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) on your keyboard. While you are doing this, click the ‘Check for Update’ or ‘Update’ button. This will prompt you to select the IPSW file you wish to install on your device. Select the iOS 10.2 IPSW file you downloaded before.
- Your device will now begin to downgrade to iOS 10.2.
ALSO SEE: How to Get Spotify Premium for Free on iOS 10.2.1 / 10.2 / 10.1.1 / 10.1 (No Jailbreak & No Computer) iPhone, iPod touch & iPad
[…] Written Guide: http://www.ipodhacks142.com/how-to-downgrade-ios-10-2-1-to-ios-10-2-on-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad/ […]
Dont work i become ERORR 3194
[…] Written Guide: http://www.ipodhack.. […]