The last Pangu jailbreak was compatible with iOS 9.3.3 and below, and was a huge help to jailbreakers at the time. However, shortly after its released it was patched. iOS 9.3.4 fixed the exploit used in the Pangu jailbreak, meaning if you updated you would lose the ability to jailbreak. While there might not be a huge number of people running iOS 9.3.4, those that are are in luck. A jailbreak by the name of ‘Home Depot’ has been released, which works on iOS 9.1 to 9.3.4. Unfortunately it doesn’t work with iOS 9.3.5, but it is still better than nothing.
This jailbreak is however, only able to be used with 32-bit devices. This means that anything newer than the iPhone 5/5c, the iPad 4, or the iPod touch 5 won’t be able to be jailbroken using this method (see list below for compatible devices).
Requirements & Notes
- This is compatible with iOS 9.1 – 9.3.4 on supported devices.
- This is a semi-tethered jailbreak (read steps 9 and 10)
- This will only work with 32-bit iOS devices (not the iPhone 5s and newer)
- This currently works with the following devices:
– iPhone 5
– iPhone 5c
– iPhone 4s
– iPod touch 5
– iPad 2
– iPad 3
– iPad 4
– iPad Mini
- This does NOT work with the following devices:
– iPhone 6s/6s Plus
– iPhone 6/6 Plus
– iPhone 5s
– iPhone SE
– iPad Air 1
– iPad Air 2
– iPad Mini 2/3/4
- This works on macOS, Windows, and Linux
- You make sure to backup all your data to iTunes or iCloud before attempting this jailbreak
- If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the Home Depot app will start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the Home Depot app using the instructions below.
- Download the Home Depot jailbreak app from the link above and save it somewhere. Then download the latest version of Cydia Impactor (a program made by saurik) for your operating system from the links above. Version 0.9.35 minimum is required. Extract it and open the ‘Impactor’ file.
- Once it opens, make sure your iOS device is plugged into your computer, and that your passcode, Touch ID lock and Find my iPhone is turned off during the jailbreak process. Select your device in the drop down menu.
- Find the Home Depot app IPA file you downloaded earlier and drag it into the Cydia Impactor tool. If a warning appears, click ‘OK’.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID. This is used only to create a certificate for the Home Depot app to be installed and will not be visible to anything other than Apple’s servers.
- Once you have entered your Apple ID and password, click ‘OK’. The Home Depot app should now be installed on your device.
- Once the Home Depot app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General>Profiles & Device Management and find the Home Depot app profile (should be your Apple ID). Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the Home Depot app. Tap on the blue ‘Prepare For Jailbreak‘ button, followed by the ‘Accept‘ button. When prompted to download the mixtape, dismiss the pop-up and tap on the ‘Proceed With Jailbreak‘ button. Finally you should see the yellow ‘Begin Installation‘ button. Tap on this button and the jailbreak should begin. The Home Depot app should now be installing Cydia. Do NOT do anything else with the device while this is happening.
- Once Cydia is installed your device should respring. Cydia should now be on your home screen! Open the Cydia app and it should open without any problems. If it doesn’t open, follow steps 9 and 10.
- As this is a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, after you reboot your device all jailbreak features will be disabled. To fix this all you need to do is open the Home Depot app,
and do the same thing you did in step 7. You will need to do this every time you reboot your device.
- Once your device resprings, your jailbreak functionality will be restored!
- If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the Home Depot app may start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the Home Depot app using the instructions you just followed.