WhatsApp is one of the most popular social networking apps available right now. With the ability to text people and send them pictures for free, it is widely used by a lot of smartphone users. But there are lots of things you can’t do in the app by default that many people would find very useful. That is where WhatsApp ++ comes in.
At this point there are many hacks which allow people to get around WhatsApp’s rules, allowing them to see messages without the other person knowing,make adjustments to the app, and much more. WhatsApp ++ is just one of those hacks. Originally a jailbreak app available on Cydia, it is now possible to install WhatsApp ++ on any unjailbroken iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. In this guide, I am going to show you how to install the app on your device easily! A full description of that this tweak does is available here.
Requirements & Notes:
- iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 9.0 or higher is required
- A Mac computer (if you do not have a Mac, you can follow my guide to install OS X on Windows here) is required
- Xcode (free from the Mac App Store) is required
- If you are installing this on iOS 10 you will need Xcode 8 or higher
- *A free or paid Apple developer account (guide to get the free developer account here) is needed
- If you already have the App Store version of WhatsApp installed delete it before starting this
*If you use the free Apple developer account, the WhatsApp ++ app will stop working after 7 days. To fix this you can either reinstall the app, or use a paid Apple developer account which will allow the app to work for a year.
- Install Xcode from the Mac App Store if you do not already have it.
- Navigate to the PPSideloader Github page in your browser and download the master.zip file, or you can download it here.
- Download the WhatsApp IPA file from anywhere. It is available here but you can download it from anywhere.
- Unzip the ‘master.zip’ file you downloaded before. In here you should find several files including an Xcode project and an ‘app.ipa’ file.
- Copy the WhatsApp IPA file you downloaded into the master folder. Delete the ‘app.ipa’ file and rename the WhatsApp IPA to ‘app.ipa’.
- Open the Xcode project file. Click ‘ppsideloader’ in the left sidebar.
- In here you should find a box called ‘Bundle Identifier’. Set this to something unique. For example I used ‘com.ipodhacks142.whatsappplus’.
- For the ‘Team’ drop down box, select your Apple ID used for your developer account. If it does not show up, go to Xcode>Preferences>Accounts and add your Apple ID.
- Once you have selected your team, click the ‘Fix Issue’ button.
- Now you need to select the device you want to install WhatsApps ++ on. Make sure your device is plugged into your computer. Choose your device in the drop down box in the top left of Xcode.
- Click the play button in the top left and WhatsApp ++ will now start to install on your device.
- Once the app has been installed, you may not be able to open it due to an untrusted developer issue. To fix this, navigate to Settings>General>Profiles and Device Management>Your Apple ID. Tap ‘Trust’ twice. You should now be able to open and use WhatsApp ++ on your device!