Today Apple has released the second beta version of their newest version of iOS, iOS 10. With this new version comes plenty of new features, bug fixes and more for developers and users to play around with and test. These are all on top of the already massive list of new things in iOS 10 beta 1.
Here’s a Full List of the Known New Features (updated as they are found):
- Notification Center ‘Missed’ title changed to ‘Recent’
- ‘Unlocked’ animation in status bar when unlocking with Touch ID
- Slight change to the Siri animation (home screen get smaller in background when activated)
- Iconography for HomeKit in control center has been tweaked
- Apple TV and Speakers iconography tweaked in control center AirPlay settings
- HomeKit app icon updated from solid yellow to Home app icon in settings
- ‘Downloaded Music’ in Apple Music replaced with ‘Downloads’, is no longer removable
- ‘Show Parked Car’ feature to see where you parked your car now in Maps app with explanation in Settings app
- There is now a ‘Low Quality Image Mode’ toggle in the Messages settings (sends images in a lower quality to save data)
- Mail has a new filter icon
- Weather Channel now credited in Notification Center again
- 3D Touch options in Control Center tweaked language and icons
- Changes to the Organ Donation section of the Health app
- The Music app now has a shuffle option from songs section (without playing a song first)
- Accessibility now includes ‘Rest Finger to Unlock’ option
- Split View now compatible with App Store on iPad Pro
- App Store for iMessage which was introduced over the weekend now promoted on the splash screen
- Feedback app should now be available to most if not all users
- 3D Touching folders with badges now shows badges per apps
- Interactive notifications now work differently on non-3D Touch devices (slide down instead of slide over to access options)
- Apple News is now a removable app
- Keyboard click sound reverted to iOS 9 sound (Beta 1 included a new sound)
- New ‘Featured Complications’ section in Apple Watch app
- Bluetooth and AirPlay speakers now show on the ‘Now Playing’ screen in Music
- Autofill sync option for Music to Apple Watch (Smart and Random options)
- Background App Refresh toggles for Apple Watch
- Use Previous Duration option in Breathe app settings for Apple Watch
- New CarPlay button to skip directly to a message
Official Release Notes:
- In Library, you can now view and manage a list of all active downloads.
- Posts from artists you follow now appear under Connect Posts within For You.
- You can now sign in to Apple Music on Sonos.
- Music videos can now be played full screen.
- Related music suggestions now appear in album pages.
Apple Music Features to be Added in Future Beta Versions:
- For You Mixes
- Viewing Connect posts on an artist’s or curator’s page
- Follow and unfollow option on an artist or curator’s page
- Report a concern on Connect posts or comments
- Delete a comment you made on Connect posts
- Account page to view all artists you follow
- Setting to turn on or turn off the Automatically Follow Artists preference
- Show Complete Album for Library items
- Display of works and movements for classical music
- Popularity indicators for albums