Jailbreaking iOS is something that a lot of people want to be able to do with their iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. Jailbreaking requires you to be on specific software versions in order for it to work, meaning people often stay on older iOS versions, even though updates have been released.
People who stay on older iOS versions will usually get the irritating side effect of their device constantly downloading the newest update in the background, and then asking you if you want to install it. Every time this happens you will need to say no to updating, and delete the downloaded update. This guide aims to prevent updates being downloaded, or even detected, at all. By tricking your device into searching for Apple TV updates instead of regular iOS ones, it will always think there are no new updates available!
Requirements & Notes:
- This will work on any iOS version.
- A ‘Feedback’ app will also be installed when you do this. It cannot be deleted, but you can simply hide it in a folder.
- Open Safari on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and navigate to this page. Tap on the tvOS profile download link above.
- You should be redirected to the settings app, where you will be asked if you want to install the tvOS beta profile. Tap on the ‘Install’ button in the top right twice. If you have a passcode lock enabled you will need to enter it when prompted.
- Once the profile is installed, you will be asked to reboot your device for changes to take effect.
- Once you device has finished rebooting, you can open the settings app and navigate to General>Software Update. Here you should be told that the iOS version you are running is the latest version! You will no longer receive annoying prompts to update.