As Apple does with every jailbreak that is released, they have patched the newest Pangu jailbreak in iOS 9.3.4. Because of this, if you update your iOS device, you will no longer be able to jailbreak. Normally if you ever ran into any problems that required you to restore your device to factory settings, you’d be forced to update and lose your jailbreak. But with saurik’s tool ‘Cydia Eraser’, you can unjailbreak and restore to factory settings without updating, and without a computer!
Cydia Eraser works with iOS 9.3.3 all the way down to iOS 7.1. This means that if you have pretty much any jailbroken iOS device, you can restore using this method. It will work on the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and doesn’t even require you to use a computer. All you need to do is download the app from Cydia and run it.
Requirements & Notes:
- This works on iOS 7.1 – 9.3.3.
- This works with any jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- This will both unjailbreak and restore your device to factory settings without updating.
- Make sure to make a backup of your device first if you want to keep any data as it will be removed in this process.
- ‘Cydia Substrate’ must be installed for this to work. If it is not installed you will get an error.
- Make sure you have backed up any data on your device that you wish to keep before attempting this.
- Make sure that you have ‘Cydia Substrate’ installed on your device. If you have any tweaks it is most likely already installed but if not, make sure to install it first.
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken device, go to the ‘Search’ tab and type in ‘Cydia Eraser’. Find and open it.
- Install ‘Cydia Eraser’ by tapping ‘Modify’ in the top right, then tap ‘Install’. From here you can install it like a normal Cydia package. A respring/reboot is not required.
- Once installed, the ‘Cydia Eraser’ icon will be on your homescreen. Open it and read all the information within the app before continuing.
- Once you have read all the necessary information, tap ‘erase all data, unjailbreak device’. You will be asked to confirm that you want to proceed. Tap on ‘Erase All’ to begin the restore.
- Your device will now begin to unjailbreak and will eventually restore to factory settings. Make sure not to do anything with your device during this process. Keep the ‘Cydia Eraser’ app open and do not lock your device.
- Once the process is done, you will be greeted with the default iOS setup page. From here you can setup your device as you like. You can then re-jailbreak your device using this guide.