The OCD among us love keeping all of their apps organised into folders. In most cases it makes it easier to find things, and makes the home screen look nice and tidy. But there are of course limitations to the folders on iOS, the biggest of which is the inability to place folders inside of other folders.
There have been many ways to enable this in the past, both through glitches in the operating system, and using Cydia Substrate tweaks. Now for iOS 10, you can use a tweak called Nest10 to nest folders inside of other folders on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Requirements & Notes
- This will require a jailbreak.
- This should work on all iOS devices jailbroken on iOS 10.
- At the moment the tweak used to do this is quite buggy.
- Open the Cydia app on your jailbroken iOS 10 device, and tap on the Search tab at the bottom of the app.
- In the search box, type ‘Nest10‘. Only one option should appear from the BigBoss repo. Open it and tap on the Install button in the top right, then tap the Confirm button. The tweak should now begin to install.
- Once the installation is finished, tap the Restart Springboard button at the bottom. Your device will respring, and when you come back to the home screen you should be able to create folders inside of other folders!*
*At the moment the tweak is be a bit buggy. You can only create folders inside of other folders, not move existing folders into other folders.