This tutorial will help you to jailbreak your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2 or 8.1. This is completely untethered and works on any device compatible with these iOS versions.
Pangu Website: http://pangu.io/
Pangu Tool – http:/pangu.io/
Cydia-Iproj Deb File – http://cache.saurik.com/debs/cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb
Cydia Deb File – http://cache.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb
– This is an untethered jailbreak.
– Supports iOS 8.0 to 8.1
– This works with the following devices:
iPod touch 5
iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/6/6 Plus
iPad 2/3/4/Air/Air 2/Mini
– This works with Windows and Mac
– Make sure to disable passcode/fingerprint lock during the jailbreak process.
1. Download Pangu from the links above.
2. Plug your iOS 8 device into your PC/Mac.
3. Disable passcode lock and find my iPhone if you have it enabled.
4. Open Pangu. Remember if you are using Windows Vista/7/8 you will need to right click on Pangu and click “run as administrator”.
5. Make sure Pangu has detected your device. Uncheck the tick box under the progress bar to prevent a Chinese app store being installed. Then click the Jailbreak button under the progress bar to begin the jailbreak.
6. Your device will reboot a few times while the jailbreak to processing. Do NOT unplug your device or close Pangu during this process. When the Pangu app is finished with your device you can close it and move onto the next step.
IMPORTANT: If at this point you have cydia on your home screen you do not need to proceed any further. However if it is not there please follow the rest of these step.
7. The Pangu app show show up on your springboard. Open this and check if you can install Cydia through it. If not tap on ‘OpenSSH’ and tap ‘Install’ in the top righthand corner.
8. Once OpenSSH has been installed go out of the Pangu app and go to the settings app. Go to Wi-Fi and tap the ‘I’ next to your Wi-Fi network. Take note of the IP address.
9. Download and open any SSH or SFTP client for either windows or mac. Put the IP address of your device in the hostname box. Use the username ‘root’ and the password ‘alpine’ to login to the device and view the root file system.
10. Drag the Cydia deb file and the cydia-lproj deb file onto the device.
11. Open the terminal window which should be built into your SSH/SFTP client and input the command “dpkg –install cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb”.
12. Once this command has finished running reboot your device.
8. Once your device has rebooted you should see Cydia on your springboard. Open it and wait for your device to respring.
9. You are now jailbroken on iOS 8!