A little while ago a jailbreak for iOS 11.0 to 11.1.2 was released to the public called LiberiOS. However, this jailbreak does not yet include Cydia and is mainly intended for tweak developers at this time. This is where Electra comes in. Electra is a recently released jailbreak by CoolStar that, now comes with Cydia built in. Installing tweaks, themes, and apps is now as simple as it is to install an app store app.
This is also a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning whenever you reboot your device you will need to follow steps 9 and 10 of the below guide to restore all jailbreak features. This is very easy though so isn’t a big problem. This new jailbreak is compatible with all devices that can run iOS 11. You should defiantly make sure to backup your device to iCloud or iTunes before attempting this.
Requirements & Notes:
- This is compatible with iOS 11.0 – 11.1.2 on all devices
- This is a semi-tethered jailbreak (read steps 9 and 10)
- This jailbreak DOES include Cydia
- This works with the following devices:
– iPhone X
– iPhone 8/8 Plus
– iPhone 7/7 Plus
– iPhone 6s/6s Plus
– iPhone 6/6 Plus
– iPhone 5s
– iPhone SE
– iPad Air 1
– iPad Air 2
– iPad Mini 2/3/4
– iPad Pro
- This works on macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Make sure to backup all your data to iTunes or iCloud before attempting this jailbreak
- If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the Electra app will start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the Electra app using the instructions below.
- Download the Electra jailbreak app from the link above and save it somewhere. Then download the latest version of Cydia Impactor (a program made by saurik) for your operating system from the links above. Version 0.9.35 minimum is required. Extract it and open the ‘Impactor’ file.
- Once it opens, make sure your iOS device is plugged into your computer, and that your passcode, Touch ID lock and Find my iPhone is turned off during the jailbreak process. Select your device in the drop-down menu.
- Find the Electra app IPA file you downloaded earlier and drag it into the Cydia Impactor tool. If a warning appears, click ‘OK’.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID. This is used only to create a certificate for the Electra app to be installed and will not be visible to anything other than Apple’s servers.
- Once you have entered your Apple ID and password, click ‘OK’. The Electra app should now be installed on your device.
- Once the Electra app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General>Profiles & Device Management and find the Electra app profile (should be your Apple ID). Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the Electra app. You should see a grey ‘jailbreak’ button. Tap on this button and the jailbreak should begin. The Electra app should now be jailbreaking your device and installing Anemone. Do NOT do anything else with the device while this is happening. If this does not work the first time, just try again until it does.
- Once the jailbreak is complete your device will respring. Cydia should now be on your home screen! Open the Cydia app and it should work without any problems. If it doesn’t open, follow steps 9 and 10.
- As this is a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, after you reboot your device all jailbreak features will be disabled. To fix this all you need to do is open the Electra app, tap the ‘jailbreak’ button, and wait a few seconds for your device to respring (do not press anything on the device in this time).
- Once your device resprings, your jailbreak functionality will be restored!
- If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the Electra app may start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the Electra app using the instructions you just followed.