The Nintendo DS is one of the most popular portable games consoles of the last 10 years. These days you don’t see too many people carrying them around, at least not as many as you used to. The idea of having to carry around a second device on top of your phone is a bit offputting to some people, but there is a solution. An emulator can be installed on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad which will allow you to play Nintendo DS games on it for free!
This emulator is called iNDS and for this method of installation you do not need a jailbroken device to use it. This means you can install it on any device running the latest iOS version without any problems. It’s pretty easy to do!
Requirements & Notes:
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 9 or higher is required
- A jailbreak is not needed for this method
- You will need an internet connection to install iNDS
- This method does not require a computer
- Open Safari on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and navigate to http://www.ienchantify.net/packages.html.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘iNDS’ app. Tap on the ‘Install’ button under the icon.
- A new tab will open with an advert. Wait until it says ‘Skip this Ad’ at the top and tap it.
- Now click ‘Install’ under the icon once again. A pop-up should appear asking you if you want to install iNDS. Tap on ‘Install’. It should now install on your home screen like a normal App Store app.
- Before you will be able to open the app you will need to trust it. To do this simply open the Settings app, navigate to ‘General>Profiles & Device Management’ and find the menu which includes the iNDS app in it. Tap ‘Trust’ and ‘Trust’ again.
- You should now be able to open and use iNDS to play Nintendo DS games on your iOS device!