Facebook is one of the most popular social networking apps available right now. With the ability to post whatever you want online, it is widely used by a lot of smartphone users. But there are lots of things you can’t do in the app by default that many people would find very useful. That is where Facebook ++ comes in.
At this point there are many hacks which allow people to get around Facebook’s rules, allowing them to download videos, use the in-app messenger, and much more. Facebook ++ is just one of those hacks. Originally a jailbreak app available on Cydia, it is now possible to install Facebook ++ on any unjailbroken iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. In this guide, I am going to show you how to install the app on your device easily! A full description of that this tweak does is available here.
Requirements & Notes:
- iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 9.0 or higher is required
- A Mac computer (if you do not have a Mac, you can follow my guide to install OS X on Windows here) is required
- Xcode (free from the Mac App Store) is required
- If you are installing this on iOS 10 you will need Xcode 8 or higher
- *A free or paid Apple developer account (guide to get the free developer account here) is needed
- If you already have the App Store version of Facebook installed delete it before starting this
*If you use the free Apple developer account, the Facebook ++ app will stop working after 7 days. To fix this you can either reinstall the app, or use a paid Apple developer account which will allow the app to work for a year.
- Install Xcode from the Mac App Store if you do not already have it.
- Navigate to the PPSideloader Github page in your browser and download the master.zip file, or you can download it here.
- Download the Facebook IPA file from anywhere. It is available here but you can download it from anywhere.
- Unzip the ‘master.zip’ file you downloaded before. In here you should find several files including an Xcode project and an ‘app.ipa’ file.
- Copy the Facebook IPA file you downloaded into the master folder. Delete the ‘app.ipa’ file and rename the Facebook IPA to ‘app.ipa’.
- Open the Xcode project file. Click ‘ppsideloader’ in the left sidebar.
- In here you should find a box called ‘Bundle Identifier’. Set this to something unique. For example I used ‘com.ipodhacks142.facebookplus’.
- For the ‘Team’ drop down box, select your Apple ID used for your developer account. If it does not show up, go to Xcode>Preferences>Accounts and add your Apple ID.
- Once you have selected your team, click the ‘Fix Issue’ button.
- Now you need to select the device you want to install Facebook ++ on. Make sure your device is plugged into your computer. Choose your device in the drop down box in the top left of Xcode.
- Click the play button in the top left and Facebook ++ will now start to install on your device.
- Once the app has been installed, you may not be able to open it due to an untrusted developer issue. To fix this, navigate to Settings>General>Profiles and Device Management>Your Apple ID. Tap ‘Trust’ twice. You should now be able to open and use Facebook ++ on your device!