Spotify is by far the largest music streaming service available. With the ability to listen to almost any song without needing to download them or pay for them individually, it is a very useful service for music listeners. While Spotify does have a free subscription, it is very limited in what you can do with it. By paying a monthly fee you can get a premium subscription that will give you unlimited skips, no adverts, and an all round better experience.
But what if you can’t afford to pay the monthly fee? With Spotify++ you can get almost all premium features for free on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. You don’t even need to be jailbroken to get it!
Requirements & Notes:
- This does not require a jailbreak.
- If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the Spotify++ app will start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the app using the instructions below.
- Download the Spotify++ app from the link above and save it somewhere. Then download Cydia Impactor (a program made by saurik) for your operating system from the links above. Extract it and open the ‘Impactor’ file.
- Once it opens, make sure your iOS device is plugged into your computer. Select your device in the drop down menu.
- Find the Spotify++ app IPA file you downloaded earlier and drag it into the Cydia Impactor tool. If a warning appears, click ‘OK’.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID. This is used only to create a certificate for the Spotify++ app to be installed and will not be visible to anything other than Apple’s servers.
- Once you have entered your Apple ID and password, click ‘OK’. The Spotify++ app should now install on your device.
- Once the Spotify++ app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General>Profiles & Device Management and find the Spotify++ app profile (should be your Apple ID). Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the Spotify++ app. Log into your free Spotify account and you should now be able to listen to any song, have unlimited skips, be able to scrub through songs, and have so many more premium features.
- If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the Spotify++ app will start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the Spotify++ app using the instructions you just followed.