We are all extremely happy that the new iOS 10 jailbreak, titled Yalu102, has finally been made available to the public. We can finally customize our phones to our hearts content, without restrictions from Apple. However, there is one annoying factor that comes along with this jailbreak. The jailbreak itself is installed and re-enabled through an application that you have to install with Cydia Impactor. This means that if you don’t have a paid Apple developer account, you’ll have to reinstall that application every 7 days for it to keep working. This can be really annoying, since you need that application to re-enable your jailbreak after rebooting.
So what can you do to solve this problem? Well there isn’t any way to completely solve this problem (yet). It is easy to forget when you will need to resign the application, and it can catch you out when you least expect it if you don’t keep reinstalling it. That’s why it is useful to have an app that will allow you to see the exact date and time that your Yalu102 application will stop working.
Requirements & Notes
- This will work with the Yalu102 jailbreak for iOS 10.0 – 10.2.
- You will need to add a Cydia repo to install the app.
- Features being added in the future:
– Badge on the app showing the number of days remaining
– Notifications leading up to the certificate expiry to remind you
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken device, and tap on the Sources tab at the bottom.
- Tap the Edit button in the top right, then tap the Add button in the top left. A box should appear asking for a cydia source. In this box, type ‘apt.lululombard.fr‘. Tap the Add Source button and wait for it to be added.
- Now in your sources list, you should see one called lululombard’s repo. Tap on this to view its contents, then tap All Packages. In here you should see a package called CertRemainTime. Tap on this and tap the Install button in the top right. Then tap Confirm in the top right, and wait for the app to be installed.
- Once the install is finished, you should see a new app on your home screen called Cert Time. Open this app, and you will be greeted with the exact date and time that your Yalu102 app certificate expires.